Sourcing Specialist I
Advanced Assembly/Summit Colorado has an open position for a Sourcing Specialist I (1st shift). This position is primarily responsible to locate and source quotes for bill of materials needed to complete customers’ build. Communicate with internal and external customers to resolve questions and issues that could cause delays for the customer.
Basic Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes sourcing decisions based on supplier availability, price, customer needs, and business policy.
- Identify sourcing for products in support of customer requests in a timely manner.
- Review quote and sourcing of parts and boards on a per job basis.
- Maintain productivity measurements including number of quoted jobs completed per day, cycle time, and quote ratio.
- Communicate performance expectations and provide qualitative feedback to Purchasing Director regarding performance of suppliers on RFQ responses.
- Support gross profit goals by negotiating and controlling product costs, lead times, freight terms and purchase quantity requirements.
- Source/Quote parts needed to complete the build of the product using the customers BOM and purchasing procedures (ASL,etc).
- Maintain all the system information related to sourcing.
- Responsible for researching, resolving, and communicating all hard to find parts to vendors, sales, and to any other departments as needed.
- Confirm all vendors not on the ASL are approved with the Purchasing Manager prior to quote (one-time buys, customer requests, etc.).
- Support and maintain compliance with Parts Traceability, ITAR, and any other customer requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.