Quality Control Inspector
Summit Schaumburg, IL currently has an open position for a Quality Control Inspector (2nd shift). Summit Interconnect is a manufacturer of advanced technology printed circuit boards with a specific focus on complex rigid and rigid-flex product with unique expertise in RF/Microwave applications. The Quality Control Inspector is responsible to complete First Article Inspection forms. This position requires attention to detail, good communication skills, and the ability to read and understand documents and industry specifications. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of two (2) years in the FAI reporting and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reads and Understands Traveler Instructions.
- Reads and Interprets Drawings.
- Reads and Interprets IPC Specifications.
- Completes Summit Quality Paperwork (C of C, Ionic, Serial Log, yield report, NCR).
- Completes AS9102 (FAI) forms, PPAP’s and standard FAI forms.
- Able to read and interpret customer Purchase Order.
- Able to be Auditee.
- Participates in MRB – Basic Technical Understanding of PWB Manufacturing Process.
- Communicates Directly with Production Control and Engineering, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) year of FAI reporting experience.
- Ability to use Windows based software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- IPC-A-600 certified, preferred.