Wet Process – Plating
Summit Hollister currently has an open position for a Wet Process - Plating Operator (3rd shift). Summit Interconnect is a manufacturer of advanced technology printed circuit boards with a specific focus on complex rigid and rigid-flex product with unique expertise in RF/Microwave applications. Under general supervision manually submerges panels and/or operates repetitive plating and wet process machines to electroplate/tinplate circuits onto panels. Manually performs or operate machines requiring standard setups, constant monitoring and periodic adjustments in speed, temperature and/or chemical levels. Checks levels of chemical baths and may perform additions as directed on assigned processes. Performs manual operations including machine loading. Operates repetitive plating and wet process machines to plate circuits onto planes, e.g., deposition process. Monitor machine and perform limited preventive maintenance, cleaning screens and makeup/adding chemistry under Lab direction.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of four (4) years in the printed circuit board industry and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- To operate all Manual Plating processes and supporting equipment with little supervision.
- To make set-up decisions which conform to customer specification.
- To evaluate and discontinue processing of non-conforming product and report it to manager.
- To follow production control scheduling.
- To maximize productivity.
- To review all travelers.
- Load the line.
- Create plating recipes/art chemistry.
- Tape boards.
- Understanding of industry standards and appropriate application.
- Must be able to cooperate and communicate effectively with management and supervisory staff.
- Ability to effectively follow company systems and procedures.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Strong knowledge in military and rigid flex boards.