Summit Santa Ana currently has open positions for Drill Operators (1st/2nd shifts). Summit Interconnect is a manufacturer of advanced technology printed circuit boards with a specific focus on complex rigid and rigid-flex product with unique expertise in RF/Microwave applications. The Drill Operator under general supervision operates two or more numerically controlled (NC) machines simultaneously to drill low tolerance holes in panels. Independently performs complex and standard machine setups involving loading NC programs, aligning the pinning of the panels, visually and mechanically inspecting the panels, and making the required adjustments. An NC drill operator will perform all the necessary tasks to keep multiple machines at or near capacity output levels.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the printed circuit industry and must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Understanding of industry standards and appropriate application.
- Must be able to cooperate and communicate effectively with management and supervisory staff.
- Ability to effectively follow company systems and procedures.
- To operate all Drilling equipment with little or no supervision.
- To make set-up decisions which conform to customer specification.
- To evaluate and discontinue processing of non-conforming product.
- To observe Production Control scheduling.
- To maximize productivity.
- To work scheduled overtime as needed.
- To complete cross training in all other N/C processes.
- To alert QC when product does not conform to customer specification.
- To make documented drill size substitutions as required.
- To be instrumental in the training of new personnel.